From MIIS Wiki
Questions for Global Giving:
- For the form - we just have to fill out the org once, right? Yes
- We can have one primary person liasoning with GG.
- What data do we get on donors? Name and email address - not even physical address - donors can opt out of telling us that info. We can thank them - that's appreciated. They request that partners don't add the emails to listservs, solicitations, etc. Best way to communicate is through project updates - the donors are added to a listserv for project updates and they'll receive updates when we update them on the GG site.
- Clarity on fee - 10% of proceeds
- How do you distribute $? - Once a month. Middle of the month for the previous month via checks. You get a disbursement report that contains the details of the specific projects. all funding is restricted - has to be supplied to that project. If the project doesn't go, we call GG and they contact donor and ask to reallocate.
- What do you mean by the criteria of the project starting within 90 days? - the intent is to make sure that funds will reach the field in 90 days - as new orgs they want to build credibility - keep projects tangible and concrete - its in line with committment to donors, not a rule. The project should be at forseeable implementation - not just "I'd like to do this, but I'm going to be doing this"
- Does the fee inlcude credit card fees? - 2.75% credit card fee on top of 10%
- Can we have other forms of media on the project sites? no - just photos
- Could you give a MIIS gift card just for our umbrella of projects? no -can't restrict it - we could lead them to our landing page
- Tax issues? Who gives the receipt and will the full amount given be the number on the tax forms?
- What are your website analytics? They'd have to talk to Michael - we can probably embed our own code.
- What are your stats? How often do people support the full amount? They didn't have the answer - their guess is that in our case it might happen, but it doesn't happen too frequently.
- How far can we brand out landing page? Header banner and text - 150 words is best - you can have pop out windows
- Projects aren't listed in any order - formula based on activity - the higher activity, the top position
- How does your donation wizard work? Answers tied to issue filter, location filter and what shows up is based on answers
- Contracts? Agreements? What's next? Grant agreement between us and GG - we'll disburse and accept funds on behalf, all charitable, agree to primary point of contact, update the projects - they'll send it up and we can look at it.
- How much time should be built in on their side - landing pages are easy and quick, espcially if they can have a warning. The paperwork takes some time - a week, the projects usually take more time on our end - once a project is submitted, that can usually be up in a week.
- Projects need at least one photo and one supporting document (budget, plan, etc.)
GG: analytics question answered and contract draft to us
MIIS: timeline and what projects