Printer Installation for Leopard - 10.5
Printer Installation Mac
OS X v 10.5 (Leopard)
These are the printers that you can install on your personal computer:
01_LIB_X5500 (Library Downstairs)
02_LIB_X5500 (Library Upstairs)
03_KAD_X5500 (Lab & Media Services in A100 Morse Building)
04_LSC_X5500 (Lab Support Center)
1. Make sure your operating system (Mac OS) is up-to-date; if not, update your OS.
2. Choose Apple menu > System Preference, and then click Print & Fax.
3. Click “+” sign.
4. While pressing (holding down) the “ctrl” key, click on any empty space in the Toolbar at the top and select “Customise Toolbar…”
5. Drag the “Advanced” icon to the toolbar and the select “Done”
6. Click the “Advanced” icon
7. Select “Windows” from the “Type:” drop-down menu
8. In the URL: textbox , enter
with username, password, and printername substituted
“username” is your network account user name, “password” is your network account password, and “printername” is the name of the printer you want to install (refer to the above printer list). E.G., if your network account username is “123456”, your password is “bEaUtIfUl”, and you want to install the printer in Kade (03_KAD_X5500), so you type
9. Enter a name and location in the Name and Location fields, respectively
10. In “Print Using” drop-down menu, choose “Select a driver to use…” and choose “Xerox Phaser 5500 DT” from the list
11. Click Add
The printer appears in the printer list as the default printer (in bold type)
Note: when you print, you may be prompted for username and password –if so, enter your network username and password.
If you have any question regarding this instruction or need assistance for your printer set up, please visit the STS (CF448). To find out your printing account balance, go to →http://academic.win2k.miis.edu/papercut
Student Technology Services 06/22/09