Requesting a course roll-over instructions

From MIIS Wiki
Revision as of 19:03, 11 December 2009 by Robert Cole (talk | contribs)
Jump to navigationJump to search

What is a course roll-over?

Course requests and roll-overs are managed by the ITS Help Desk.  A roll-over request is made when you want to carry forward or transfer all content, activities, and other resources from a Moodle space used in a previous academic term, but you also want to empty that Moodle space of participant data.  A roll-over allows you to edit a course outline of materials based on a previous term.

Directions for requesting a course roll-over

1.  Submit your roll-over request in the Course Request form on the eLearning site.  Direct link to the elearning course request form

 Link to course request form

2.  Complete the five data fields on the online request form (see images below).

  • Course Title
  • Course Number Enter course number and title
  • Course Description / Summary
  • Reasons for Wanting this course 
  • Enrollment Key
    • Request3.jpg
    • NOTE: In the Reasons for wanting this course field, indicate that you want to "roll-over" a previous course.  Be specific about which course you want to transfer into the new course space.  Use the course naming convention outlined below; e.g. IP 555 SP09.  It is also helpful to list the course name for cross-referencing purposes. 

3. Click SAVE CHANGES to submit your request.

    • Do not panic if you receive an e-mail with the subject line "Your course has been rejected." ITS Help Desk logs your original request for the roll-over. A link to your newly rolled-over course should be included in this message.

4. OPTIONAL Read detailed instructions (PDF) for requesting a Moodle course.

5. OPTIONAL Watch a short video demonstration which walks through the process of requesting a course.

[Back to Course Editors FAQ]