From MIIS WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Planning Meeting Attendees: Kristen, DeVan
- Resources Category, mini digital knowledge base. Tags will distinguish content areas from one another.
- Eliminate 'Uncategorized' Entries
- IM online
- Limit the entries on any given page to 3
- Remove Pages Heading from Sidebar
- List all categories in the left column
- "&_copy_;" [©], to create the copyright symbol in Wordpress
- "Measure It.app", for pixel measurement for embedded YouTube Vids
About the distinction between the Wiki and the Blog (Site)
- Consider the audience, we want something that is outward facing. Slick looking, functional and exclusive to our use.
- You want one central place for everything, it does not make sense to split information.
Limitations of the Wiki
- Multiple parties (non-DMC) use the wiki, search will return unrelated items for internal communication.
- Not as portable as a blog, via RSS feed.
- Inward facing, for documenting progress on projects
- Meeting Minutes
- Has been the temporary space for tutorials until we can have one central location, the blog is that place.
- Avoid putting entries in overlapping categories
- Tags can overlap that is fine
- Categories are static, Tags are content areas. You can view all entries under a specific tag.
- A Category is like Video, for entry iMovie Tutorial, the tags for this entry; iMovie,Spring Workshops, Tutorials.
To Do List Week of 03/16/09
- Add Contact Info to Footer
- Ask Pilar and Alan about designing a custom header
- Replace the code for all the youtube videos
- Custom Sidebar; 1 or 2 sentences MAX about who we are and create a LINK to the About Page (Static Page)
- Need to flesh out the Resources Category more completely
Updates: Week 03/23/09
- Having a problem with the IM online displaying "online status" correctly
- We have used 9.2MB of our 10MB upload capacity!
- IM online widget slows everything down, make it impossible to navigate between menus.
- For Tutorials, and these items can be tagged more specifically. For example the Podcast tutorial will be put in Resources not in Audio. That post can be tagged audio, garageband,etc. whatever.
- Student audio projects, say podcasts will be in the audio category because the ultimate function is for the Categories to highlight projects and events etc.
- The most active category will probably be the Resources section.
On the agenda...
- inquire abt space
- discuss header
- find out how to link to posts.
- ask Kristen about IM online issues.
- linking to target locations in wordpress