The College has certain limits on mailbox size and file storage on the College's file servers. If you need more space, please submit a ticket with the reason for your request so we can accommodate you.
E-Mail, "Home", Classes Quotas
| E-Mail Mailbox Quota
|| 50 GB
|| 50 GB|
| Middfiles HOME Quota
||64 GB||64 GB|
| Classes Quota
|| 256 GB (per class)
|| 256 GB (per class)|
E-Mail Attachment Size
Even though our Middlebury College e-mail system allows you to send 100 MB attachment(s), many other e-mail systems (e.g. Gmail) don't allow such large attachment(s). So, email@example.com can send a 50 MB pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org, but gmail will refuse to accept the message. The problem is on gmail's end. Keep this in mind!
- You Middlebury College E-mail Account can receive attachments as large as 100 MB.
- Your Middlebury College E-mail Account can send attachments as large as 100 MB but keep in mind that your recipient(s) email account may be unable to receive large attachments.
- Middlebury College users can send a single message to (at most) 500 other Middlebury College users in a single message.
- Middlebury College users can SEND 100 mb attachments to e-mail accounts outside our e-mail system. It's not guaranteed that the recipient will receive such a large attachment, since many other e-mail systems will not accept an attachment that large.
- Middlebury College users can send (up to 10,000) messages per 24hour period.