Drupal Basic Content
The "Basic Content" type will most likely be the content type you use most. It consists of a title and a body section.
- Make sure you are logged on.
- Navigate to the page you wish to add content to.
- Locate the "Edit Console" in the top left of the screen. Click the "Add" tab.
- The screen now lists all the content types.
- Click the "Basic Content" link.
- The screen now shows the "Basic Content" editing interface.
- In the "Title" text field, give your content a title. The title should:
- Accurately convey what information can be found in this content.
- Front load key words. Users often read only the first few words of a title before deciding if the information they want can be found there.
- In the "Body" text field, type your content.
- To style an opening paragraph, highlight the text to style and use the "Styles" dropdown menu. The opening paragraph should:
- Summarize what can be found in this content. Users rarely read more than a couple lines before deciding to move on if it is not clear that the information they want can be found there.
- Be no more than a few sentences
- To format a heading, highlight the text to format and use the "Format" dropdown menu.
- Add the necessary links, images, and videos.
- The screen returns to "View" mode.