Export Your Internet Explorer Favorites
Note: We recommend placing your export file on OneDrive or Google Drive so you can access it from your new or re-imaged computer.
- Log on to your computer then launch Internet Explorer.
- Click the yellow star icon, top right.
- Click the drop-down triangle to the right of Add to Favorites.
- Choose Import and Export.
- Select Export to a file. Click .
- Select Favorites. Click .
- Select the Favorites folder. Click .
- Click Browse when the "Where do you want to export your favorites? window appears. The Select Bookmark File dialog box opens.
- Select your storage space on OneDrive or Google Drive as the storage location.
- Change the name of your favorites file to reflect the browser and date of this save. For example, "IE favorites-7-16-2014.htm".
- Click Save. The "Type or browse to a file" field will reflect your choice of filename and location.
- Click Export.
- The message "You have successfully exported these settings" should appear. Click Finish.