Hosted Exchange: Updating Your Account
Middlebury has completed the move from its own infrastructure for email hosting to cloud services provided by Microsoft. You may need to adjust how you access e-mail:
- If you've been using Outlook or OWA to edit groups or distribution lists you manage, like class lists or DFS lists, you will need to use a different method in the future.
- Most mobile platforms will automatically detect the new settings (Android and iOS Mail as well as Mac Mail); if there are any issues, try deleting and re-adding the account.
- In Outlook, sometimes there are errors as the stored profile looks for your mailbox and it’s not where it was. If you happen to run into this, here are the basic troubleshooting steps that have helped so far:
- Update to the latest Outlook client included with Office 2016. You can download this software from KACE on Windows, or Casper on OSX.
- Close Outlook and run Windows Update (Win) or Microsoft AutoUpdate (Mac) until there are no more updates; being out of date is almost certain to cause issues. Then reboot and try Outlook again.
- Windows Updates: Select the Start button, and search for "windows update," then select the "Check for Updates" button. You will have to come back and click "Install Updates" and reboot after that has finished.
- Mac Microsoft AutoUpdate: To use AutoUpdate, start a Microsoft Office program, and then click Check for Updates on the Help menu. Reboot after this as well.
- If updating Outlook doesn't help, create a new profile; you may need to re-add additional mailboxes or any other accounts you may have direct access to.
If none of these steps help or if you have any further questions, please make a ticket online or call x2200 and we will assist you.