Resources Requiring VPN for Off-campus Access

If you plan to work with any of the following resources from off campus, you must first establish a VPN connection:

  • Middfiles connections using cifs or smb (although there are other, less-recommended options)
  • Remote Desktop Services (RDS) now used to work with various administrative applications
  • go/forward utility used to set up e-mail forwarding
  • Virtual labs or computers
  • Internet Native Banner (aka Banner INB)
    • Note: BannerWeb, commonly used for checking grades, time entry and approvals, does not require VPN.
  • Nolij document management system
  • Hyperion reporting
  • FAMIS maintenance work order system
  • Remote Desktop Connection, used to connect to another computer so you see the remote computer's desktop as if you were sitting right in front of it.
  • Vectorworks, vector-based architectural software used for set and lighting design

Updated: 9/28/2017

Powered by MediaWiki