Sight and Sound II
Sight and Sound II assignments will require individual production and post production as well as group work. The basic Video Package will include a video camera, a tripod, a 3' XLR cable, a shotgun microphone, and headphones. The basic Audio Package may include an audio recorder, xlr cable (if the one supplied is not long enough), headphones, shock mount or boom pole, and an assortment of microphones. The basic Lighting Package may include 2 - 500 watt tungsten lights, a 200 watt tungsten light, 3 stands, 3 cables, gloves, and sandbags. Additional audio, video, and lighting equipment and accessories will be used as required by assignment.
Final Cut Pro
SSII Media Storage
These options are found on any of the 13 Mac Pro Towers in the basement of Axinn. All course work should be saved to the Xsan_Media drive. Nightly backups of project files should also be saved to the Workspace drive.
- Macintosh HD - DO NOT SAVE ANYTHING HERE!
- Workspace - This is a 500GB drive that is intended for temporary storage of large media files. This drive is erased at the end of each semester and is not suitable for extended archived storage. This drive is physically located in each workstation and the contents within can only be accessed from the workstation. When saving to this drive please use the following folder structure for organizational purposes: Workspace/Your_Name/Your_Project/Your_Files.
- Xsan_Media - This is a centralized media server with a very large storage capacity. The drive is not physically located within the workstation, but the Xsan_Media icon appears on each workstation as a local drive and the contents of this drive can be accessed from any of the workstations in the basement. The following folder structure has been set up ahead of time for organizational purposes: Xsan_Media/Course_Name/Your_Name/ Please create and organize projects by "Project_Name" within the "Your_Name" folder.
- The WiebeTech 200GB portable hard drives are available for extended checkout for courses that meet in Axinn 105 and do not have access to the Xsan Server or for Independent Study students.
- CD's and DVD's are available in the equipment office and can be used for media storage in support of curricular uses such as screenings and presentations. For all other uses CD's and DVD's can be purchased at the campus bookstore.