What is TMS?
TMS (The Museum System) is replacing File Maker Pro for managing the Museum's collection. Up to two users can use TMS at the same time. Currently, only a handful of staff have accounts but more can be added. Museum staff should submit a ticket to request additional accounts.
To use TMS
TMS is installed on a server that's part of our remote desktop services. To use it for the first time, you need to connect to these remote desktop services. After that, you can scroll down to and simply double-click the TMS server (called MOATMS). Here are the step-by-step instructions:
- Follow the instructions for Macs or the instructions for PCs to connect to the remote desktop services. You need to only follow this step once - when you first use TMS. After you connect to our remote desktop services once, you just need to open the Remote Desktop application.
- Open the Microsoft Remote Desktop application.
- In the remote desktop app, type TMS in the search box.
- Double-click "MOATMS" under Remote Resources.
- You will be logged into the server that has the TMS software.
- Double-click the desktop shortcut for "The Museum Software" to access TMS.
- To login to TMS, enter your username and in the password box enter any one letter (just one, at it must be a letter, not a space). This tells the TMS software to use your windows login.
- You can press F1 (or Fn+F1 on a Mac) to get the TMS help pages. To get further support, you can login to the TMS community site and submit a ticket.